Albertsons 99cent Danish Ribs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to disagree with Kevin, he has waaay more experience than I. But at $0.99/lb, they might be pretty good for boiling down into beef stock/broth stuff.

Chet.....

That is a GREAT idea! Never even crossed my mind to do that.

I also make real Italian Spaghet sauce and my secret ingredient is pork bones....these would be perfect for that also....I like bones with no meat on them.

Thanks for thinking outside "my" box, Chet!!

We got the best deal ever at Albertson's yesterday. They had Smithfield St. Louis Style ribs (enhanced) buy one get one free so they were 2.50/lb. We bought six racks--about 16 pounds total. When they rang them up, the scanning department had erred and the computer subtracted the lower priced one---twice, so we only paid the difference between the two racks.
The cashiers said "our mistake and it is in your favor so don't worry about it". Ribs ended up costing us less than a dime a pound. Oh yeah, we walked right over and bought some lottery tickets.

Tom

Tom:
This computer age does have some advantages. That is definitely one of them. I have been waiting years for the computer to err in my favor on one of these deals...but it hasn't happened yet. At 10 cents per pound you could have bought them out if you had immediate use. Too bad there is not an Albertson's in my area.
Rodgers S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back