Alarm Script Recipes

OK I went in and deactivated the alarm, hit update, reactivated the alarm and hit update. At that point it started working again.

dave

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm trying out the new alarms. Here is what I'm trying:
#!/bin/sh
# The first line of any shell script must begin with the above #! line
# Comments begin with #
# Silence this alarm
al_set 0
echo "$pn Alert -- $pcurr $al_type" | sendmail -a gmail 5125798677@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Just a simple cut-n-paste from the WIKI. However, I"m not seeing it trigger, it is enabled, I did have the temp go higher than the temp I specified. I did see it trigger once, but never again.

I have manually verified that the email works. I just used: echo "test" | sendmail -a gmail ..... and got my email, so that works.

Why isn't the alarm triggering?

dave

Are you on HeaterMeter 20120214B? If so then it could be not arming again. The temperature must return to 1.1 degrees inside the alarm point before it re-arms and can fire again.

A question about time based alarms.

When I do ribs I use the 3-2-1 method. Yesterday I got busy playing with the boys and my 2 ended up being 2.5 before my wife reminded me of the ribs on the smoker. I thought they ended up a little dry, though everyone else loved them.

How would you do a time based alarm? You need the timer to start when your "ready" and start again when your "ready". Ideas on how to do this? It would be great if you could set the alarm, then hit a button to start it, just like a timer. Not sure how that would all work and really don't know how to get a timer based alarm coded either. I'd assume we want to use cron for it.

dave

Yeah cron or building that into the linkmeter directly would be the way to go, which isn't tremendously difficult. The UI of that is a pain though.

It's sort of like the alarm scripts currently. The UI is pretty crappy, not at all user friendly, error-prone, and barely functional.

Back