Ahi poke bowls for dinner

That looks really nice.

I was on a road trip once and, after eating at restaurants for a few days, ran across a Poke Bowl place. It was so fresh and "clean" compared to all the typical restaurant fare I had been eating; had two meals there in two days. Now I keep that in mind when traveling.

That looks really nice.

I was on a road trip once and, after eating at restaurants for a few days, ran across a Poke Bowl place. It was so fresh and "clean" compared to all the typical restaurant fare I had been eating; had two meals there in two days. Now I keep that in mind when traveling.
road travel for business really came to s**k over time. i fully agree with you on food quality/non-quality when eating at restaurants.

the clean food was my goto once I figured out i was eating pretty poorly in hotels and trade shows. so finding healthy options became standard. even so today, when eating at home or on vacation. we just prefer to eat clean foods.

this tuna was from costco. idk if your costco has fresh ahi, but being in the bayou i'm sure you have access to very good seafood.

which reminds me, wife and i need to make a trip to your neck of the USA. she's never been and it's been over twenty years for me since i last enjoyed NOLA. and NOLA has some really good local chefs from my readings.

the marinade on the ahi is: high quality soy sauce (I prefer Yamasa from Japan), sesame oil and rice wine (shao shing or sherry will do). toss well, let sit for 20 minutes and sprinkle sesame seeds (optional) if you prefer. some thinly sliced green onion goes well with this or furikake too.

Back