again !

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
went to the second hand store today and looky there ! got myself a very very nice wood handled gas go-anywhere for $10. must be a thing around these parts.

George you ever had one from the 80'S they where the ones that had used lava rock's over the gas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
a weber with rocks ? no. but i had a sunbeam gasser that had rock's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes weber had them in the 80'S i had two of them and they worked real well you could low & slow some great rib's on those or turn up the heat and get great steak's too. Mine still might be packed away some where have'nt looked for them for quite awhile.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
so the early gas go anywheres had rocks ?
hope to find one one day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes they did George and the rock's worked great to help control the heat when doing low and slow...Good luck trying to find one I know if i ever see a used one i'am snap it up quick.

well, this one is gonna be put in the back shelf after i clean it up. just found that the gas regulator is broken. guess the po got ham fisted and broke the little plastic tabs in the knob so it now just turns and turns. i'm taking it apart just to understand how it works. for sure when you are turning the knob, be carefull as its not as strong as one would think. also found that the inlet piece has a small schrader valve in it. i know these can cause problems so that is one thing to check if there is a flow issue. there is a thin layer of grease in the bottom. the hardware was not rusted so came off easily. the flavorizor is in great shape with a few rust spots. the cooking grate is rusty. will see if it needs replacing once i clean it and then need to use it. here are a few pics.

http://i626.photobucket.com/al...-wheels/IMG_0410.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/al...-wheels/IMG_0411.jpg

Back