Aftermarket warming rack?

TomCorr

I'm into my second season with a Genesis II S-435 grill. I'm still getting used to cooking on it. One issue I'm having is that the warming rack is not wide enough for my needs. I've looked on Weber's site as well as other sources for a warming rack that is maybe 2-3 inches deeper. Does anyone have an idea of where I can find a deeper warming rack to fit my grill?

Thanks

Tom

Just a follow up to this post. The 2022 Genesis S-435 comes with a fold out warming rack, effectively doubling the size of my current rack. When I saw the 2022 model in Lowe's it seemed as if this rack would fit my grill. So I ordered one from Weber, removed the old warming rack and mounting brackets and slipped the new rack in.

I'm very happy with the extra space this gives me as it allows me to put a disposable foil pan on the upper rack while cooking on the grates.

Tom

I sure will, Tim. May be a couple of days though, It fits like a glove, and the hood is not too low to workwith the new rack

Tom

Thanks, whenever you get the chance. I’m still toying with looking for a couple of the old racks for my Genny 1xxx. Maybe, maybe not

Never in a million years would that fit on a Genny! It’s kind of cool though, I might start looking for a donor grill that still has them. I might see how well the auxiliary kettle rack fits just for fun. I know some of you will be aghast that I don’t use the gasser all the time but, I‘m charcoal guy from the dawn of my grilling days, the gasser has its uses but, primary grill is a kettle (22 or 18)

The warming rack is called the "Expandable Top Cooking Grate" in the user manual. I took photos during a 2022 Genesis assembly yesterday. I hope they help.

The Expandable Top Cooking Grate has three different positions. (1) The folded short position, (2) the unfolded position, and (3) the hanging position, where it is flush against the back wall.

Warming Rack Folded Position.JPG

Warming Rack Unfolded Position.JPG

Warming Rack Hanging Position.JPG

Tom,
Thanks for posting this. Several of us have been pondering this upgrade.

Can you share the part number and price?
For my SP-E-335, the part number is: 64517, listed as:
"44" "64517" "Expandable top cooking grate, Genesis (2022)"

... where the "44" is the item number in the diagram on this page:
https://www.weber.com/US/en/help/schematics/browse/37413301

I do not know where to find the price. My guess is that it should fit any three burner Genesis II and 2022 Genesis models, but not the older gas grills. As far as I know, they have the same boxes, and this part just hangs over the back of the box.

Here is the order confirmation email I received. I called Weber directly and spoke with a customer service rep and ordered it that way.

I
Product NamePart #
Qty
Price
Discount Price
Item Total
Expandable top cooking grate, Genesis 400 series (2022)64513
1​
$44.21​
$44.21​
Subtotal:
$44.21​
Shipping:
$7.00​
Estimated Tax:
$4.42​
Grand Total:
$55.63​

Product NamePart #FedEx Tracking #
Expandable top cooking grate, Genesis 400 series (2022)64513
Thanks and grill on!

Weber Customer Service

Thanks, all. And especially EmoryG for the 3xx series part number. Will call Weber today and report back.

I've been building a similar size upper grate from SS 7" carriage bolts/nuts/fender washers and love it. (Warming Rack is a real misnomer -- gets hot up there. Perfect for grilling scratch pizza.) I never knew this part existed and love the design. My original add-on grate is getting old now being on its second set of legs.

Just to close -- the part for the new expandable upper grate has a new design that will not fit in older Genesis models (mine is 2011). This was per Weber Support. I'll still stop and take a look at them at Ace to verify, but that great new design just looks completely different.

Back