After NG to LP conversion, did you get the Tank Scale?

Jim Roszel

Quick question for anyone who has done the NG to LP conversion, did you get the Tank Scale? I like the Weber Tank scale, looks and use wise, but didn't order one yet. I have one of those inline GrillPro fuel gauges.

I was looking at a Weber LP manual and it says "WARNING: The hose must be secured to the tank scale with the Hose Retention Clip. Failure to do so could cause damage to the hose resulting in a fi re or explosion which can cause serious bodily injury or death, and damage to property". I'm not planning to move the grill when I'm using it, I would check the hose for binding, firm connection at the tank, etc. before I start it up...does this seem like boiler plate manual stuff or is it critical that I have the Scale and Hose Retention Clip for the hose?

Thanks guys!

The Weber tank holder/gauge is really not all that accurate in measuring the tank level. It does a good job of holding the tank however. Use is as an estimate of the tank level but don't count on it if you have a long cook coming up.

I don't know what the purpose of the hose retention clip is unless it is simply to ensure the hose doesn't wind up near or touching the cook box. It could also be a measure to keep the hose from being bent in a way that might cause a leak.

Back