Advice Needed - Genesis 3 circa 88-89

MLiebler

Just picked up a redhead version of this yesterday. This model came with the side-burner. The frame on the left side is in real bad shape, one leg is partially rusted but still (slightly) load bearing, the cross-beam where you connect the firebox is completely disintegrated, swing table is gone, have 2 brackets for the work table and 2 for bottom shelf and it will require a new regulator. On the plus side the firebox, hood, manifold and side-burner look good for a 30+ year old grill.

Checked in with Weber to see what frame parts they had (I know it was a longshot, but two years ago I scored new swing table, work table and bottom shelves for my Genesis 1100) but came up empty this time.

So here are the options I've come up with A) Find a parts grill with a relatively good set of left frames (would still have to figure out the shelving etc.), B) Combine this with the 1100 (would show a little gap in the bottom shelving due to the right side length), or C) Combine this with my Gold B by swapping out the hoods (I love redheads) and adding the side burner (will the manifold fit into the different firebox and side-burner work/fit?) I'd be willing to buy a new manifold if needed.

Leaning towards C as it seems to be the easiest course of action to accomplish my main goal to get a side-burner and have two reds.

I am open to any other ideas/suggestions - thanks!

A manifold from a Genesis 3 or Genesis 1000 will not fit on your Gold B. The hood will swap however. I am not sure the side burner would swap over either.

Fixing the cross member next to the cook box on the left isn't too bad of a project:

But if the bottom of one or more legs is in bad shape, it is probably better to move on.

Thanks Bruce, I watched that last night. The leg looks like it stepped on a landmine.

I measured the sidetable space on the gold and am pretty sure the burner will fit, but the manifold on the gold doesn’t have a connection for it. Does anyone know what the part number for it would be?

Back