Advice for Stoker newbie

I took some pics of my integration. I don't want to hijack this thread, so have started a new one for Stoker Integration, but it seems worth mentioning here.

They can be found here:
http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums?a=...751070616#8751070616

And direct to pics here:
Integration Pics

Here's one pick showing the inside portion of the integration:

IndoorStoker2.jpg

Originally posted by Peter_M:
Good to know about the voltage they like to see.

Is this the pinout of the plug?

Do you measure the voltage Tip - Sleeve or Tip to Ring?

I'd presumed that it is something like T=+, R=data, S=GND.

I found the tip to be "+" and the sleeve to be "-".

With the 5cfm fan running and using the small PS, I measure between 4.87v and 4.93v on a 70'+ 16/3 run. I have higher voltage with the larger ps.

Running the 10cfm fan, I measure significantly lower (2 - 3 v range) and the system will not work.

Originally posted by Peter_M:
Just discovered this great thread. I've been wiring my house for remote stoker. I've run 16/3 for about 60' with no noticeable operational difference between direct connected devices and axtended. This weekend will increase it a little to 80'. Also, have not tried the 10cfm blower, but will give it a shot. I only have the small PS.

With my longer run, I seem to be right on the edge. Yesterday, I could not get the system to work and I ended up cooking without it. Bybpassing the 35' in the basement, it started working again (on 35" 16/3). Later, the entire 70'+ cable run worked. If it gives me more grief, I can try shortening the 30' cable reel I have and maybe try a 14/3 through the house and a 14/3 cable reel.

First Aaron we need better pics of your enclosure. Folks I have seen this in person and it is a work of art and uses hi tech connections that can only help fight the voltage drop . The 10 cfm fan is what will point out the weak spots in your system. In years past I have many extentions that work with the 5 no problem the issues arise with the 10. Nice to know we can now test the voltage and have a idea if it will work or not.

Back