Adventure picking up a 10 year old $5K Viking Grill to restore.

Wow!!!! Fantastic work. I am not familiar with ... "sand most of the stainless with 220 aluminum oxide to get most of the interior clean and make it shine again"... is there more to this technique, or is it just simple sanding? By hand? Sander? Please elaborate if you don't mind.

Wow!!!! Fantastic work. I am not familiar with ... "sand most of the stainless with 220 aluminum oxide to get most of the interior clean and make it shine again"... is there more to this technique, or is it just simple sanding? By hand? Sander? Please elaborate if you don't mind.
On the cookbox I actually used a 180 grit flap disk on my grinder. The rest of the pieces I wet and dry sanded by hand with 220 aluminum oxide.

Well it took 3 1/2 months to sell and it sold for $1200;-) He will have some movers coming at 9am tomorrow morning. I would say that I am looking forward to having some extra space but we have been buying used appliances for the home we are having built. We have a fridge, stove, and dishwasher in addition to the Genesis 2 I have been using to play with my Afterburner IR burner and a Silver A I just picked up this morning.

Back