Adopted Home

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I recently purchased a Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain Series 36" Smoker and have adopted this site as my home for BBQ tips.

Can most of the suggestions on these pages related to cooking on the WSM be applied to the SMS?

Ben,

Welcome! You'll find you are not the only person on this site who owns a smoker other that a WSM...many people on this site in fact have started with other brands and than switched down the line. From what I gather from reading postings, the real big difference with the WSM is the ability to maintain a constant heat, that in mind, techniques and recipes for the most part should be interchangable.
You will love this site! We have Q champions, and professionals who are so very generous with there knowlege and techniques.
Smoking is smoking...no one will chastise you for not owning a Weber...
Have fun!

Welcome to the site Ben...

Slow smoking meat with low heat is just that regardless of the smoker... most of the suggestions on these pages will relate to cooking on your smoker... WSM is a well made, great designed, wonderful cooker...but they all do basically the same thing... the key is SLOW and LOW.. it's just easy with a WSM..

Great to have you here ...

Cheers!!!

bugg /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back