Adding Water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Schwartz

TVWBB Fan
Hey Guys & Gals,
How often do I have to add water using the original Weber pan? I'm doing two 7.5lb Boston butts that I put on at 8:00 this evening and I'm trying to figure if it will go through the night without adding any water.

Dave get a flashlight and open the access door and you can tell if you need to add water.Please make sure that the water pan is full before you go to bed tonight. Burnt grease does not flavor meat well
icon_eek.gif
Bryan

Thanks Bryan and David. One other question. I've got the Maverick probe through the clamp they provide attached to the upper cooking grate away from the side wall. It shows a temp of 253 with all of my bottom vents closed. I also have a thermometer stuck in the upper vent.It shows a temp of about 235. Does that difference between the cooking great temp and the through the vent temp sound right? Thanks

Dave, you might have the probe in the hot zone. Move the probe in towards the center more to get away from the outer edge.The hot zone is the area that is not blocked by the water pan. Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back