Adding Smoke Daddy

PeterZ

TVWBB Pro
Anybody would like to sell they Smoke Daddy ? Im thinking about putting one
on my smoker for cold smoking.
Any input to share please ?

Peter

Why not just use an A-Maze-N-Pellet or Tube smoker?
Cheaper, easier and requires no modifications. I use it in my WSM all the time. Just put on the charcoal grate and use the vents to control your air flow.
Only downside is they cannot be used for hot smoke in a charcoal environment (not enough O2), but we use wood chunks for that anyway.

I highly recommend the AMNPS for cold smoking. The Tube looks cool too, but as I have not used it, I cannot recommend.
JM2C

Yes, u do have a point there =) Im kinda thinking about both of those.
One thing about me is that I like to mod things............already thinking about ice cooling chamber for the smoke daddy........yeah I know Im sick.

Peter

One thing about me is that I like to mod things............already thinking about ice cooling chamber for the smoke daddy........yeah I know Im sick.

Peter
Lol. I do know how you love to mod things Peter.
But why do mods which are unnecessary?
Hell, you want ice cooling? Use the AMNPS on your charcoal grate and fill your water pan with ice. ;)

I have a Smoke Pistol too.
Do I ever use it? No....well once. ;)
Although the Smoke Daddy is arguably better than the Smoke Pistol because it doesn't take proprietary cartridges, there are ways I can get around that and just use my own pellets.
IMO, it's just too much work to justify the effort when the results are the same if not better with the AMNPS.
No holes to drill, just light it and you're off.
If I were to add a Smoke Daddy, and knowing you have the CB door, I'd just cut a hole in my original stock door and thread the Smoke Daddy output nozzle through it.

Yes and yes =)
I was also thinking just put ice in the water pan and be done with the cooling .
And if I do go with SD , just use the old door for that.
Man, You and I are sooo on the same page =)

I just may go with the AMNPS/ice in pan and be done with it.

Thank you Chris.

Peter

Well, if you go the AMNPS route, hit me up if you have any questions.

Best thing to get is a pencil torch fueled by propane, butane or MAP gas.
You just have to light it and let it flame for 10 minutes (important), then blow the flame out, put it on your charcoal grate with all vents open and just use the bottom vents to increase / reduce smoke.
Of course, you could use something as simple as a cardboard box if you wanted to.

I've cold smoked loads of cheese with it, bacon and a few steaks.

Sounds good Chris. I watched some AMNPS youtube vids. Looks good and super easy. I think I will go with it =)
Thank you bro.

peter

I have one that I just purchased a week ago. Tested it twice. Puts out too much smoke for me. Couldn't control smoke output with air pump. Tried a couple different air pumps. Purchased for $125. Will sell for $75.00. (mmiller@greenwood.net)

Peter

just bought the SD Magnum and will be installing through the CB stainless steel door. Hmmm cooling chamber sounds interesting for the SD. I thought about just adding ice to the water bowl. If want to share I would love to know what your thoughts are. I love mods too.

just bought the SD Magnum and will be installing through the CB stainless steel door. Hmmm cooling chamber sounds interesting for the SD. I thought about just adding ice to the water bowl. If want to share I would love to know what your thoughts are. I love mods too.

Cool, I would love to see some pictures of it and love to know what You think of the SD.
I have not got one just yet. Kinda busy with work and judging BBQ comps =).

Peter

I have the 12" Tube and the 5X8 pellet Amazen cold smokers. Awesome products. I thought the tube would be enough (about 5-6 hours of cold smoke). Then I got into making belly and canadian bacon. So I bought the 5X8 for 10-11 hours of smoke. Great products.

Back