Add thermometer to Weber Q1000. Recommendations please.

ChrisG

TVWBB Member
I see this has been discussed here and have seen a few YouTube videos on installing one on the Q1000. My hope is to get a few updated suggestions for a not-terribly-expensive thermometer to mount through the lid. I have been spoiled over the years with my Silver B (have had it since new in 2000). I use a Thermapen to check for doneness but tonight was the first time I tried my unused Q and while I guessed right as to when it was ready, I'm using little green bottles (I've got like 20 for a couple other propane devices) and hate to waste the little fuel they contain. Amazon would be the preferred market place. Appreciate any ideas. I've got a drill and know how to use it. ;)

Just to finish this thread out, seeing as though it's still here, I installed a Weber thermometer today and all seems good. Even though I measured twice and had what seemed to be the exactly correct spot ( I even outlined the thermometer in pencil to visually be sure), I still managed to get it off center by about 3/16" to 1/4". It works though. ;)

Just finished grilling a couple Kirkland grassfed burgers and that thermometer is great to signal: "The grill's ready! You can throw the meat on now." I temp everything with my Thermapen.

Back