Adapting gas grill recipes for SmokeFire

You must not live in California.:LOL: Sales tax is high with us (10%), but not that high. Man, they are jacking up the price here. Or maybe that's the online price; I haven't had the grill long enough to price them in the warehouse itself.
View attachment 82200
We're in Illinausea and sales tax while not in the lofty CA territory is still outrageously high. Yes if you price online Coscto shows a vastly different price. This is because non members can shop Costco online. In warehouse it's $12.99. I have seen the same thing as you if online shopping

I haven't joined but I did find this.
Yeah, I saw that too, but the "official" Weber forum seems to be dying. There was even a thread about that. A lot of the posts are tapering off. This forum is much more active. :D

There are about 441 recipes on the Weber site that pop up with filter on Fuel Type = Pellet. The browse more button indicates 441 hits (as of today) but even though they all say "Wood pellet" under fuel type, they aren't really for the SmokeFire. Searching SmokeFire pulls up 11 recipes, but only 3 or 4 are actually for SF. The others are titled "for SmokeFire" but when you click on them, they are not. Pellet isn't even a fuel type. Plus the site glitches and is slow. There's no way to search and then browse the results. You have to re-search every time you look at a recipe. Their webmaster should be grilled.

Yeah, I saw that too, but the "official" Weber forum seems to be dying. There was even a thread about that. A lot of the posts are tapering off. This forum is much more active. :D

There are about 441 recipes on the Weber site that pop up with filter on Fuel Type = Pellet. The browse more button indicates 441 hits (as of today) but even though they all say "Wood pellet" under fuel type, they aren't really for the SmokeFire. Searching SmokeFire pulls up 11 recipes, but only 3 or 4 are actually for SF. The others are titled "for SmokeFire" but when you click on them, they are not. Pellet isn't even a fuel type. Plus the site glitches and is slow. There's no way to search and then browse the results. You have to re-search every time you look at a recipe. Their webmaster should be grilled.
Yea I agree. I checked it out when I first bought my SF. Not alot of info.

It’s not affiliated with Weber at all, scroll to the bottom of the first page and read the disclaimer. It even had a different name and URL originally. Think it was WeberPelletGrills IIRC.

We're in Illinausea and sales tax while not in the lofty CA territory is still outrageously high. Yes if you price online Coscto shows a vastly different price. This is because non members can shop Costco online. In warehouse it's $12.99. I have seen the same thing as you if online shopping
Well that’s good to know. I managed to find some Lumberjack pellets a couple of miles from my house so I’m going to use those today for the maiden run. Ribs I think!

Back