Accidentally bought a Natural Gas E-210. Options?

Ronald Stultz

Hey guys,

I ordered a Weber E-210 online and I was kind of in a rush so I never even noticed that they had 2 different options. Unfortunately I got the natural gas version instead of propane which isn't really any good to me.

I had already built the grill by the time I noticed so a return isn't really an option. I know it seems like I would have seen it beforehand, but this is my first grill so it just never crossed my mind.

Do I have any options other than trying to sell it and buy another one?

I contacted the company I bought it from, they were no help. Also contacted Weber and they wouldn't recommend any ways to convert it anymore.

Thanks in advance

Ronald,

Congrats on the new purchase. HERE is a link that should help in converting the NG over to a LP. I hope it helps.

Well ... since you just bought it and Weber won't swap parts with you, I'd disassemble it and send it back.

It's gotta be cheaper and easier than going through a 3rd party conversion.

Yap take it all back apart and send iit back . Or just run a gas line if you have gas were your at .We had a Charm Glow natural gas grill when I was a kid one thing forsure we never had to go buy propane .

Thanks guys.

I got this grill a couple days before my wedding so in the rush and confusion of everything after the wedding, no more box
icon_frown.gif

So it looks like I'll either have to convert it or run a gas line at this point. Knowing where my gas lines go in the house, it would be fairly hard and expensive to do it, but I'll definitely get a quote if the conversion idea doesn't work.

In the post that Kevin put up it looks like I might just be able to buy the correct manifold and hose. They are talking about the Genesis so I'm not positive the manifolds are interchangeable on mine but it seems like they should be. The price would seem steep, but I could sell my NG manifold and hose on eBay and it looks like they go for about $100 or so.

With the new info, does anybody have some input on whether I should/shouldn't try this conversion?

Originally posted by Ronald Stultz:
Thanks guys.

I got this grill a couple days before my wedding so in the rush and confusion of everything after the wedding, no more box
icon_frown.gif

So it looks like I'll either have to convert it or run a gas line at this point. Knowing where my gas lines go in the house, it would be fairly hard and expensive to do it, but I'll definitely get a quote if the conversion idea doesn't work.

In the post that Kevin put up it looks like I might just be able to buy the correct manifold and hose. They are talking about the Genesis so I'm not positive the manifolds are interchangeable on mine but it seems like they should be. The price would seem steep, but I could sell my NG manifold and hose on eBay and it looks like they go for about $100 or so.

With the new info, does anybody have some input on whether I should/shouldn't try this conversion?

Being if it were me I would just run a gas line to it .
It really shouldn't cost all that much to do IMO ! They or you if your handy can come right off the gas line in your basement . Codes vary a little but it really should not be a big deal to do .

Hey Joe, thanks for the link, I just went ahead and bought it. That's exactly what I've been looking for but they are actually somewhat hard to find for the E-210.

Is it pretty easy to switch out and is there anything I should look out for?

I'm sorry I never checked back in. Doesn't matter anyway because I haven't even installed mine yet.
icon_biggrin.gif

How did it go for you?

Back