Access door latch replacement

Roger Castle

I purchased a Cajun Bandit door for my WSM and it did not come with a latch. Instead of removing the old latch, does anyone know where I can purchase a new latch assembly? I called Weber, and the door and latch are one part.

Thanks.

Here's a site with replacement parts for the WSM. The latch on my door just got loose and fell apart when I tried to tighten it. Looks like this site has parts broken down more than they are on Weber's website (you can buy the latch parts without having to buy the entire door).

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/weber-2820-smokey-mountain-smoker-parts-c-193079_193086_193164.html

Does anyone know where you can buy the latch for the 2009-present model? It looks like they only sell the door knob that was used for the pre-2009 models.

You can call Weber's customer support line and they will sell it to you. I called them yesterday and ordered two handles for my WSM (for a mod). They will check the part number for you and get it sent out. They were very easy to deal with.

surprised they don't include one. i found the original one on my door to be poorly designed and sloppy. i modded mine to be tight and it works great now.
if i needed one i would just make my own now.

Last edited:

Back