ABT's on Gasser

Jamie Berry

TVWBB Fan
I had never done them on the gasser before but because i was short on time decided to give it a try w/ smoker box full of apple wood chips. I am going to have to freeze some of these -any suggestions on reheating frozen abt's? They turned out pretty good. I think I ate too many though may be paying for it later.
icon_redface.gif

IMG_2842.JPG

IMG_2844.JPG

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

Those look amazing, I did some on my gasser couple of weeks ago, turned out pretty good. Jamie how long did you cook those and a what temp?

Thanks for the compliments!

Dave O, I cooked them at 255-260 for about 1.5 hrs.

I think I may have messed up guys, gals - what do y'all think...? Before checking this post again I went ahead and froze the remained abts hoping to serve on the 4th. Thinking about it, i thawed the pork to put in the abts so in essense this is a second freeze which i always hear is not recommended. should i throw them out???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamie Berry:
Thinking about it, i thawed the pork to put in the abts so in essense this is a second freeze which i always hear is not recommended. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not 100% sure of this but I think you're not supposed to refreeze without cooking first. I've frozen leftover chili before that was made from frozen/thawed ground beef...and I'm still here.

Jamie were they cooked directly over heat @ 260F.
I'm thinkin about cooking some up over the weekend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Cash:
Nice lookin' turds... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HA!!!! Woke my wife up, laughing at my computer! Don, you have truly perfected the English language.

The picture of waterfront ABT's made me blush.

Davo O, on my gasser my burners are from the front to back. I heated up the grill on high to get the wood chips going and so i could clean the grates. I then cut the front two burners off and left the rear on about 3/4 and left the lid open until I got the temp down. I then put the abts over the unlit burners, closed the lid and monitored the temp. Good Luck!

Back