A warning about the dangers of digital

I ended up teaching my dad to use ROKU and the XFinity stream app. They were killing him on box rentals. Prior to cutting the cord I brought back our boxes

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. I was waiting on what felt like forever for my Smokefire app and firmware to update. I looked over at my WSK and thought to myself “I’m glad you never need updating. Works as intended.” Don‘t get me wrong, I love tech and gadgets and I love my Smokefire. The downside of that is I am very hands on when grilling. I’m way more comfortable with charcoal than I am using my pellet grill, as far as controlling the temp is concerned.

I ended up teaching my dad to use ROKU and the XFinity stream app. They were killing him on box rentals. Prior to cutting the cord I brought back our boxes
Does the Xfinity streaming app allow you to stream programs and channels to a Roku device in another location...say 100 miles away assuming you have an Xfinity account in one location?

No, only on what they perceive as your home network and even if you are home but using a different ISP i.e. T-Mobile what have you no dice

No, only on what they perceive as your home network and even if you are home but using a different ISP i.e. T-Mobile what have you no dice
So I have Xfinity cable, phone and internet in our home in PA and Xfinity high speed internet only in our NJ beach home...I cant load the Xfinity Streaming app on the Roku in NJ and stream channels and such that i pay for in PA? Correct?

So I have Xfinity cable, phone and internet in our home in PA and Xfinity high speed internet only in our NJ beach home...I cant load the Xfinity Streaming app on the Roku in NJ and stream channels and such that i pay for in PA? Correct?
Well that is an interesting one. They just might. I guess with as cheap as a ROKU is it's worth a try

Well that is an interesting one. They just might. I guess with as cheap as a ROKU is it's worth a try
I know there could be other work arounds like mirroring my phone to the Roku TV or via a laptop hookup...but just streaming from the Xfinity app is clearly easiest. Every other app I can think of lets you stream from anywhere...Max, Prime, Netflix(although that one is iffy), Fubo, The Surf Network...etc...

Back