A nutrition question from a newbie

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

I just got my WSM and made the BRITU ribs for my first adventure. I used the standard method to fire the grillI and followed the instructions on this site to the letter. They turned out GREAT! I used the new Kingsford charcoal and had to add more after about 3 hours to keep temp from falling below 225. Next time I'll try some Original Charcoal Company lump.

I used back loin ribs, and trimmed fat very closely. The ribs looked very lean when I put them in the smoker. All of the remaining visible fat rendered and ended up in the water pan.

Here's my question. (finally) Are ribs prepared in this manner as low-fat as chicken or turkey?

Thanks for all of the information on this web site. You really made it easy for me to get started, and I think I'm hooked after one try.

John in Hickory, NC

John,

At my house we have a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Policy, but since you asked I'm guessing that even after rendering off much of the fat that the ribs are still not as lean as skinless chicken or turkey.

I'll have to side with Josh on this one - you really don't want the answer.

I don't have the heart to give you the numbers, but if you must know, search the forum - I've read it here.

(although in this case, ignorance is bliss!!)
icon_wink.gif

Back