A new use for that old gas grill

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I got inspired a few days ago looking at my unused side burner on my mostly unused gas grill (that has two settings, off and sear...). Here is what it does now:

side_chimney_starter.gif

Great idea, Jeff. I would be sure and take the chimney off the burner as soon as the coals are lit, and move it to the grill. My dad used the burner on his turkey fryer the same way but he said he had problems with ash clogging the thing up if he left it on there too long. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kelly

How funny, I just came in from trying to figure out if I could turn my old gas unit into a charcoal burner. Mine too has just two settings anymore. I have been inspired by you all to switch over and with all of my research I have a ton of great recipes for grilling and smoking but have no grill and smoker is still on the way. I can't wait any longer, I have to Q a burger at least.

Anyone see any problem or advice on converting the gas unit into a good old fashioned charcoal grill? I will use the remaing gas for the excellent idea above.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back