A little help please

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Hi All,

I'm sort of new to this and would like the advise of the experts here. I'm having a party with about 25 adults and 15 children and I going to be making ribs and steak. The steak part i know but and i'm thinking of doing about 20 slabs of back ribs. Will the Bullit hold that many and is it ok to use the upper and lower grates as I have only used the upper grate so far???

Thanks in advance

Mike

You can use both grates, just rotate at the halfway mark. You should be able to fit 10 racks on each grate - there's a picture somewhere showing how. Basically, use rib racks and stack em around and on top.

I would think if your having steak, 20 racks of ribs may not be needed, but to answer your question, the most I remember being done is around 12 racks. Use a rack, fill the slots, then stack them around and on top of it. Try to leave some space for heat/smoke to get through. There is a post somewhere here that showed a pic of this. I would thing a 1/2 rack per person would be plenty with steak and other side items, and maybe not all would be eating them.
Goodluck and have fun.

20 slabs seems like a lot. If you're also having steak, half of that would probably be fine. Honestly, I'd have a hard time fitting more than 12 racks in my cooker, but I prefer having spacing between them.

Good luck, let us know how it goes and post some pix if you get 20 in there!

While Im definately no expert I would agree with Joe in that 20 is alot of ribs. To help make sure you dont run out put the ribs at the end of the table after all the sides so that the plates are filled up with sides as opposed to ribs. This will allow everyone to have a few.

Thanks for all your help folks. The steaks are not overly huge...maybe 6-8 ozs rib eye's and I was figuring 1 steak and half a rack each...Maybe thats too much??

Mike

Back