A few resto rehab questions

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
I will make this quick......these are the latest questions bouncing around my brain as I try to improve on my skill set each time.

1. How long do u let a cook box and or hood/end caps cure before doing a test run on the grill with heat?
2. Did I read somewhere that heating up the grill helps finish the cure of the High Heat paint?
3. When selling with new bars and burners...do u guys do test fire's with old bars so when u sell the brand new bars are not discolored?
4. Is running a grill without bars in place bad in anyway for the grill hood? Could it cause warping? That may have been a dumb question ....
5. If we were all on a deserted island and a Classic Weber grill washed up on shore.....what would happen?

I will make this quick......these are the latest questions bouncing around my brain as I try to improve on my skill set each time.

1. How long do u let a cook box and or hood/end caps cure before doing a test run on the grill with heat?
One day
2. Did I read somewhere that heating up the grill helps finish the cure of the High Heat paint?
Some paints require it, some do not. Read the label on your particular can. But, I would always do a "burn in" on any freshly painted grill before throwing food on it.
3. When selling with new bars and burners...do u guys do test fire's with old bars so when u sell the brand new bars are not discolored?
No, I leave them out for the simple reason that buyers love that brand new shiny look. They might think the discoloration is a defect.
4. Is running a grill without bars in place bad in anyway for the grill hood? Could it cause warping? That may have been a dumb question ....
The grill will heat up much quicker and probably get hotter, but I have let several grills run on high with no guts in it and have not experienced and problems.
5. If we were all on a deserted island and a Classic Weber grill washed up on shore.....what would happen?
You would rehab it.

Back