A Couple Shoulders and some Brats

BFletcher

TVWBB Platinum Member
There's nothing too exciting in these pics but being with the family and pondering the meaning of this treasured Holiday was immensely heartwarming; we had a perfect evening of fellowship yesterday.

First, the prep of two shoulders. This pic is borrowed from a prior cook last month using the same Dizzy Dust, lol:
20220424_100034-1.jpg

They went on at about 1AM. This is an 8AM shot:
20220528_080328-2.jpg

Ready to come off for a rest at about 3PM. Since I started these so early in the morning I was not in a hurry and let them ride at around 230f for quite a while. Usually, I run them in the high 200's:
20220528_152307-3.jpg

Katie wondering how much longer:
20220528_170759-4.jpg

After a little rest on the countertop it was time to hold 'em in the Party Stacker. I forgot this shot, so it is recreated:
20220529_114351-5.jpg

Some brats running indirect over medium in some liquid:
20220528_192728-6.jpg

And after a couple minutes of direct. A few folks snagged some before the shot:
20220528_201742-7.jpg

And this is obviously the shoulders after the pull. Another flavor-filled smoke delivered by the SmokeFire:
20220528_201733-8.jpg

The Wife and Daughter-in-law made homemade ice cream and waffle cones; that was my favorite part of the eatery :). Thanks for looking and I hope everyone is enjoying your Holiday weekend!

There's nothing too exciting in these pics but being with the family and pondering the meaning of this treasured Holiday was immensely heartwarming; we had a perfect evening of fellowship yesterday.

First, the prep of two shoulders. This pic is borrowed from a prior cook last month using the same Dizzy Dust, lol:
View attachment 51686

View attachment 51687

Ready to come off for a rest at about 3PM. Since I started these so early in the morning I was not in a hurry and let them ride at around 230f for quite a while. Usually, I run them in the high 200's:
View attachment 51688

View attachment 51689

After a little rest on the countertop it was time to hold 'em in the Party Stacker. I forgot this shot, so it is recreated:
View attachment 51690

View attachment 51691

View attachment 51692

And this is obviously the shoulders after the pull. Another flavor-filled smoke delivered by the SmokeFire:
View attachment 51693

The Wife and Daughter-in-law made homemade ice cream and waffle cones; that was my favorite part of the eatery :). Thanks for looking and I hope everyone is enjoying your Holiday weekend!
Looking good! Great looking pulled pork and brats.

View attachment 51686

View attachment 51687

View attachment 51688

View attachment 51689

View attachment 51690

View attachment 51691

View attachment 51692

View attachment 51693

Hard to beat nice smoked butts, some brats, and especially folks who know who we are paying tribute to. As bad as things may be looking these days, they would be much worse without the ultimate sacrifice of these brave individuals. God bless them!

View attachment 51686

View attachment 51687

View attachment 51688

View attachment 51689

View attachment 51690

View attachment 51691

View attachment 51692

View attachment 51693

This all looks great! Those brats are are beautiful.
Homemade ice cream Mmmmm. :giggle:

Back