A close call.

Jim Strickland

TVWBB Fan
Using my Gen ll last night l shut it down and brushed out, let it cool down and put the cover on it or so l thought. Yes, a major brain fart happened. When l went out to fire it up today l was taking the cover off and l darn near burned my hand. Low and behold the igrill cover on the right shelf and my grill light on the handle was melted and warped. I checked the cover out and it was ok. As you can imagine the propane was on and the right side burner was at the low position. When my son and his fiance came to dinner l was telling him about it. To my estimate it ran about 10 to 11 hrs. Embarrassing! I'm just surprised it ran so long and glad the Weber cover survived.

Wow, glad nothing bad happened! I am in the habit of turning the propane tank to off after cooking, just to prevent leaks or stuff like that from happening

Wow, too bad you didn't also accidentally leave an 8 pound pork shoulder on the grill too. It would have been perfectly cooked by the time you discovered it. Lol

Seriously though, glad it didn't end up worse. Could have definitely been a bigger problem.

Yep, glad there were consequences of that mistake. It could have been quite horrific. I am really surprised the cover wasn't melted to the burner/cover.

Yep, glad there were consequences of that mistake. It could have been quite horrific. I am really surprised the cover wasn't melted to the burner/cover.
You are right Bruce, l'm shocked the cover held up and yes, there were consequences and the continuous badgering from my kids.

Back