A Bad Omen for Tomorrow's Cook???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Babek

TVWBB Pro
Was planning for a nice cook tomorrow of beef ribs, country style ribs and a chuck roast done as a pot roast dinner complete with veggies. Opened the package of country ribs and was hit with a funny smell. Looked at the sell by date, Oct. 11th. They had areas of grey on them...as if hit with air. Figured Id play it safe and toss them. Anyone ever experience this? Kinda bummed out but still have the chuck roast and beef ribs so it will still be a good day...Hopefully.

Jim,
You did the right thing! Better to be safe than sorry! Had you eaten them, you and the toilet would've been great friends!!
icon_wink.gif
You should take them back to where you bought them!

Sounds like the package was damaged which may well be in an unnoticeable way. If you still have them, re-wrap in plastic and stick the whole thing in a ziplock or a garbage bag. Bring them back to the store. They also may have been left out too long post cutting but pre packaging. The greying would occur after. At the very least let the meat manager know.

I think Im going to do that. I went garbage picking and put everything in a ziplock and am going to have the store manager open it and take a whiff and tell me what she thinks about her product.

Most places will take back meat with no questions asked. If not, shop somewhere else.

Some will give refunds with just the label. But safer to take the meat back.

Jim,

You can't go wrong following your nose on meat and seafood. I'll second Larry's comment about a "new best friend".

I've had two occasions to return product; one successful, one not. I never did shop again with the one that would not accept the return of their mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back