9mm SS grates for genesis ii 300 series - where to buy, and what price did you pay (if you have it)?

Mica-No

9mm SS grates - where to buy, and what price did you pay (if you have it)?
Any tips? :)
We finally decided to go for best SS grates. But there is nothing to find here in Europe for shipment or at least I dont manage.
Is for Genesis ii 300 series.

Wow, I would bet you could find someone making things like that in Norway, Switzerland, Germany, etc. I know there is a seller on EBay that makes very high quality SS grates for the Q series out of Germany. But you would need to find someone who can do resistance welding. Pretty sure if you found some local BBQ groups there they could turn you on to someone

MICA: Check Amazon in Norway. The US version has some good sources for beefy SS grates, but they are expensive. I think maybe there will be a couple offerings on your version of Amazon.

Here is an 8mm set on the US version of Amazon. Not quite 9MM but close and they don't have that center cross bar which is nice for cleaning the grates, especially if you use a tool like Chargon.

EDIT: Oh sorry, it doesn't look like they make Genesis II grates.

Last edited:
Thanks for tips guys. Bruce I saw that one, with shipping and import costs final price is x3.

Here in Norway is really nothing available and people are mostly happy with PCI.
Will check for other options.
If it would have to be done from scratch (lets say I get option for a some welder) what should I watch out? What is ideall spacing in mm?

I would say no more than 6 or 7mm Mica. Tighter grid makes a more pleasant grilling experience. Especially with softer foods like fish and such

.414". I suppose there could be some amount of bending or warping in the bars though. I don't think I checked multiple gaps. That was 5 years ago.

20180403 RCPlanebuyer Cooking Grates (7).JPG

Here is a great set on the US Amazon. Won't find much better.

Thanks for the tip! Mine were just delivered today, have them in the grill now burning in. Some of the Amazon comments made me worry a little bit, but no problems. Sizing is perfect, absolutely flat, no imperfections. Welding looks good. And based on other 9MM stainless steel grates I’ve purchased before, pricing really isn’t bad at all.

Back