6lb's of headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Rempe

TVWBB All-Star
ARRRRRRRR!! I awoke from my usual all night slumber as I've done the last 3 weeks in a row but something was different...I found out that my new maverick is just like a lot of others...no range(even after I changed out the generic batts that came with it).

When I went to get some water around 0600 the temp went from 233 to 271 ARRRRRRRRRRRRHHHRH!! No beeps, no changes, oh my goodness!!!(crying, sobbing, opening of a beer to dull the pain!!)

Give it a
CLICK here to see my windscreen in use...very windy last night and it worked great. Also HERE is the first pic of the butt that has been taken since it was put on yesterday at 10pm or so.

Calling Maverick today or Monday to get customer service(and satisfaction).

I feel for you Greg. One has to wonder if this is a sand issue tho. Yes, the ET-73 should have alerted you, but I wonder with such a long cook if the sand became an unwelcomed heat radient.

Rath *loves your ET-73 stand*

I would agree with you Rath, except for the fact that the last 5 smokes, including the big one last week, were done with sand.

I will firmly place blame on Maverick as I could have caught it earlier and made proper adjusments if I would have been alerted!

Technology, I think not!!

Well my friend, having never used sand, I bow to your experience.

Rath *wondering when Greg is gonna move*

Greg,

Nice smoke ring....what type of wood did you use? Did you apply more wood after the initial "fire Up"?

I'm craving pulled pork!!!!

Anthony, I use mesquite wood only...just my taste preference. When the meat gets to about 190 I throw one mid size dry chunk in for fun. Other than that I just follow regular procedure for smoke wood.

Looks like the meat came out OK even with the heat spike. How was the taste/texture?

Sounds like you got a bum unit...you may want to send it in. I just got mine and ran it for a couple hors and it was great, all the way into my attic so I would expect more from the Maverick.

M@

Matty, just talked to Maverick about my problem...without hesitation the lady stuck another RX in the mail!! Nice, now, let's hope this one works better!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back