67758 Grease Tray

Dominick

Genesis E-310 LP Blk, Model 93741001, 06/2008

My grease tray has a hole in it (see attached) and I was wondering if I could "fix" it by adding a piece of galvanized stainless steel sheet to it. The hole is on the side closest to the propane tank where the tray has an additional layer of metal which is still intact.

Thanks
Dom

Attachments

• Grease Tray.jpg
    Grease Tray.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Grease Tray 2.JPG
    Grease Tray 2.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 28
Don't use galvanized steel inside your grill. It can give off fumes from the heat that could be harmful. Just use a sheet of anodized aluminum. Much easier to work with

That is just a patch really. It is already corroded through in one spot. If you drill holes to add a patch, you are exposing more of the metal to the elements.
Sure you can patch as described above, but I would not expect it to last forever. Maybe a couple years before new holes appear or the drilled holes start rusting out. In the mean time, keep your eyes open for a donor grill to snatch one off of. I have only rehabbed a few of the E3xx grills, but I didn't find any that were corroded enough to have holes in the grease pans. The biggest problem I see with those grease pans is the heat sheilds breaking off of them at the spot welds.

That is just a patch really. It is already corroded through in one spot. If you drill holes to add a patch, you are exposing more of the metal to the elements.
Sure you can patch as described above, but I would not expect it to last forever. Maybe a couple years before new holes appear or the drilled holes start rusting out. In the mean time, keep your eyes open for a donor grill to snatch one off of. I have only rehabbed a few of the E3xx grills, but I didn't find any that were corroded enough to have holes in the grease pans. The biggest problem I see with those grease pans is the heat sheilds breaking off of them at the spot weld

Yes, truly a patch, and if it works for a 2 - 3 years I'd consider that a win. I've also looked for this part online and all websites state no longer available. Weber doesn't have the part on their website and when I called they didn't know if it was going to be back in stock. So if anyone knows where they are available I'd be interested where.

Thanks

I am kind of surprised they don't carry the part either at Weber or aftermarket. The grills are not that old. Anyway, I would continue to look for a donor grill. If you find a decent price on one, you will probably find some other parts from it to canibalize. Some times the get damaged from tipping over or hit by a car so people just junk them even though most of the parts are still good. Other times, they just get so full of gunk that people push them to the curb.

Just thought I would share this from Appliance Factory Parts website. I got a chuckle out of it. Also a link with their suggestions for those on the hunt...
  • Sorry! This item is no longer available.
    We can't sell this part or provide any help.​

• We can no longer supply this item
  • Even if you contact us, we won't be able to help
  • We can no longer get it from any of our suppliers
  • The manufacturer no longer sells the part
  • There are no substitute parts available
  • We don't know of any other source for the part
  • We're really sorry, we can't provide any more assistance

Back