60% bigger briquets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony G.

TVWBB Super Fan
I've been trying the Wal-mart brand charcaol which is 60% bigger briquets...I find them to work well as a "starter" fuel over lump....Starts quick...nice surface area. Has anyone else tried them?

Stay with Kingsford - I used some of those while on a trip to NC because nothing else was available - IM0 inferior to Kingsford.

Paul

Well, I'm having pretty good luck with them...

As a mater of fact, I found them to light better than the Kingsford.

Missing the point here.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Sounds like he uses it to start his lump using the MM or just to start the lump. Anthony if it works for you use it. I'm not going to try talk you out of it
icon_wink.gif
Bryan

I took the original post to mean he was using them to cook, and, additionally found them good for starting lump.

I only use them as a "starter" fuel...can't say if they produce more ash....I use only 12 at a time.

Did a web search....most people claim it "fizzels"...I never noticed that. I just know they are lighting pretty well for me.

I misunderstood, perhaps simply read to quickly, Anthony's original post. When I used them it was for a complete cook, and I wouldn't choose them for that purpose. Sounds like they're working well for your use.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back