6 butts on a wsm...in progress

this is what i started with last night, rubbed with my own rub last night on the wsm this morning at 6:30...10 hours wsm steaming at a cool 225 with the pork at 160 still a few hours to go im sure.. will post pics when done6 pork butts

Big cook.

I did 4 10 lber's over the weekend, and it took my 41 lbs of butts just over 16.5 hours.

The last 3-4 hours I cooked around 270 grate to speed them up.

Good luck!

Jason, Great looking pork. Good job. Makes me hungry just looking at it. Nothing like food **** to start the day!

Randy

Jason- pulling 6 butts sucks. After 3 I'm just hacking away at them w/ the bone! Looks great. You know you need a bigger smoker
icon_biggrin.gif
!

Joey, I dont think I NEED bigger smoker just maybe another WSM that is my goal with my christmas money I have told everyone I wanted Amazon gift certificates for christmas

paul h here is the picture of the butts after i took them off I didn't post it before because they look dark in the picture and was not too proud of the color but the taste is great. butts off the Wsm

Looks like the right color to me. They always look like asteroids when I pull them off.

I think the main question was how heavy were they when you started. Because six 8-10 pounders would be too much to fit (I think). I had trouble with 4 bigguns like that, they barely fit.

Jason D, I think they look great(like Jason M said). I'll have to try that way. I use my rib racks but lose bark because they are right next to each other vertically. The middle one gets no bark at all. I found out that doing it this way anything over 9 lbs (especially if you inject is really pushing it. Your way gives me some options. Nice
wsmsmile8gm.gif
work

Back