5 hour baby backs

Christopher B

TVWBB Member
Decided to try a no-foil smoke. Just salt, pepper, onion powder and some spicy Montreal steak spice. Five hours dome temp around 300. Amazing crust, nice bite with clean bones but not fall off the bone. I won’t be using foil again unless I’m in a rush. No sauce and really liked the dry crust texture. Also did some more prosciutto wrapped jalepeno poppers on the gasser, tasty salt bombs.
E110C16C-D24D-495E-8886-7671825EC346.jpeg78E69FB9-5C3A-4DD4-A123-AB26FA94D255.jpeg1B7C629C-9877-42E5-9FE8-075E40DF58E3.jpeg7CC20C9E-2633-4F9F-BA7B-5C14D63C66DD.jpeg

Man, I wish I could get to Sam’s to get some ribs! I’ve been craving some, and seeing how good yours look makes me want some that much more!
Tim

Nice ribs, and ABT’s!

Hot n Fast no sauce ribs are the best! I keep eyeballing the rack I have in the freezer. I’ll be cooking them the same way.

Man, I wish I could get to Sam’s to get some ribs!

I went there yesterday and go two racks of spares. It was my first "masked" outing.

I had a shopping list on my iPhone, and it was a pain because facial recognition wouldn't work. Had to type the darned code in a dozen times.

Those ribs look delicious Christopher. I was fooling around with 3-2-1 ribs for quite some time and I enjoy them also, but when my son has us over for some of his dry rubbed ribs, no foil, they blow mine away every time.

I did two racks of no foil ribs yesterday, they come out so well. Placed a rub on them, mobbed them throughout the day. Went from 1 pm until 6:15 pm at 250. My youngest daughter wanted them sauced so I sauced one rack for the last 45 mins. The bark on the dry ribs was so nice. My oldest daughter only wanted to eat the bark so I keep picked the top layer for her. The family pretty much agreed the dry was almost perfect. I will attempt to repeat the same next time. No wrap dry ribs are my favorite, the only thing I wish I would have done is take some pics.

Back