4th of july Pepsi 400

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

This will be my third smoke with my WSM.I would like to smoke 2 spare racks, 2 beef racks, 3lb pork butt, 2 split chickens and a 4lb roast beef( eye of the round). Can this be done? I was thinking of beef on the top rack and pork and chicken on the lower rack. I've used the minion
method on my only 2 smokes that where great, BRITU and split chickens.I'm thinking maybe of 8 or 9 hour smoke with oak, apple and hickery the last hour. Need the mix of meat as the boys are comming over for the race. Thanks for any help.

Jeff

I fit 4 large Spares rolled and skewered on the top rack so you can fit the spares and beff racks the same. Now assuming you find a 3lb pork but you could fit that and the roast next to each other because I figre two of them shoud be the size of a 8-9lb pork but and I can fit 2-7-8lb butts on one rack so you will have half your grate left for the chickens.

Now as for the Chickens most like a higher temp cook it seems to give a crispy skin but I have done chickens at 225 all the way before and been perefectly satisfied (since I dont eat the skin).

I woud figure on 1hr to 1.5 hr per lb of pork butt and roast. Also my spares have been taking 7hrs and chickens at 225- 4 to 6hrs. Assuming you fit all the meat on at one time I would plan on 9-11 hours at least.
And I would definetly use the MM with some wood chunks barried. I love Cherry and Hickory used at the same time.

P.S. Do you have the Brinkman pan as a water pan if not dont foget to keep the WSM filled.

Good Luck
Rick

Rick, Thanks. I do have the brinkmann water pan.The meat market will cut a pork butt to any size. maybe I should go 5lbs, not like it will go to waste. Thanks again.

Back