4 butts a smokin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Perry

TVWBB Guru
I hope the pizza joints are open tomorrow just in case I flub up. 40 people are expecting some good Q and I wont hear the end of it if I fail..
I might go buy a 120 pork chops just in case, cause I am the pork chop grillin king!
lol
Dale

Dale,

Don`t worry it will be your best Q ever and every one will love it.

Charlie /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the encouragement folks! Just checked the temp on the WSM and it is a steady 225* and it is smelling great. I wish I could do this for a living.
Dale

Dale,
You are in good hands with the WSM. It won't let you down. Don't we all wish we could do it for a living. Especially with a co-worker like the WSM!! Good luck

Done. And I think this is the best batch so far.
The purty butts are all foiled, wrapped in my BBQ blanket, boxed up and ready to go. We serve in 2 1/2 hrs and I am ready. WSM does it again!
Dale

Susan, I pretty much stick with the mustard slathered recipe that is on this site. I tweak it a little everytime and will until I find the right recipe. Im not there yet but I am getting closer. My brother in law begs me to leave it alone because in his words its perfect. I cant agree with that yet.
Some people that I have fed think they like the mustard one better, some like the non mustard one, yada, yada. I think the bark is better on the mustard slathered.

By the way, I had 1 butt left after all had their fill. Only 24 adults, and half of them were slim and trim 20-25 year old girls. Man o man was my wife ever mad at me.
Quote from wife:
" would you stop looking at that girl"
Quote from me:
"Which one"

Dale

You naughty fellow, you.

So, do you actually TASTE the mustard? I'm afeared of that mustard recipe cuz I can't wrap my mind around what on earth it would taste like. (What a wimp)

Susan, you don't taste the mustard at all. I always use it on pork, particuarly ribs, and sometimes on brisket. It seems to improve the bark, and it helps hold the rub onto the meat better. That's something that I learned from Paul Kirk ("The Barbecue Baron").

Mmmmmm... leftovers! Sometimes it's nice to have cooked too much meat, eh?

Keri C, Smokin' on Tulsa Time

Susan, I do not taste any hint of mustard. In fact my sister hates mustard and if she knew how I cooked the butts, she wouldnt attempt to try it. She really enjoyed the pulled pork and I will never tell her about the mustard.
Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back