3rd Annual KCBS "Bedford Blues Fest Cookoff' this weekend Bedford Texas

Don Huddy

TVWBB Member
lol 3rd Annual for us that is.

We will be out there for sure defending our 1st place brisket from last year, and parked next to us will be last years GC High Voltage BBQ. Please stop by and say Howdy if you happen to be in the area. I believe Peoples choice starts at 2 pm on Saturday. Its a great event and tons of great blues bands on several stages.

Thanks and everyone have a safe holiday weekend!!:cool:

Cowboy Don
member of Tim's Tailgate BBQ Team - Ft Worth Texas

Last edited:
Don,

Congratulations on your first place in Chicken! That's outstanding. I noticed that "Pitmasters" was in Bedford to film the first episode of "Pitmasters 4". Did you happen to see any of the action or who was competing in the Pitamasters production? Also saw that DivaQ was there as well, while she's on her "BBQ Crawl" series I guess she stopped to compete and got 6th place overall.

Paul,
Thank you - Yeah Tim had the chicken dialed in just right and he took 1st, 19th overall outta 68 teams. The Pitmaster show did in fact film an episode during the festival, you couldnt help but notice those guys as they took up a very very big part of the dirt field we were in.
I guess who you talk and when they happened to hang aroung the roped off area, you get allotta different takes on what kinda attitudes the stars of show, I quit watching it after episode 1 of Season 2 so I have no ideal of what they do now- But Myron was there, Tuffy was there, Mr. Franklin outta Austin was there Ernest from Burnt Beans was there and they say that a Duck Dynasty guy was there also. I did nt see him.
We talked to Tuffy for quite a while and he was very friendly and he is very knowlgeable about the IBCA (which we would normally cook) Tuffy and Mr and Mrs Shivers shared some cool stories about how it was back in the day, you can really see that at one time he was just a guy out in the dirt like us doing his thing, he cooked against some top Texas team back then and he remembers the names and the things that were said - like I said Tuffy is a down to earth guy and great to be around.

Diva Q was there with her film crew too, I have to apoligize for not knowing who she is either - But I will tell you this much I was passing her camp one time and she was pulling a Easyup outta her trailer and the Bedford Parks guys were passing and asked if she needed help - she told No thank you this is the easy part. She setup her camp by herself, No film crew around for that. So I will say the Diva part may be an act. She did acknowledge she like my newest tattoo during the awards ceremony with a discreet thumbs up. She did get a little special attention during the awards by walking up and getting a plaque for her somewhere between 6-10 th place in a category which they werent actually giving plaques for, had to be a TV thing and she gave us all a GOD BLESS TEXAS into the camera. Now I know why her apron said BBQ Crawl too - Thanks I did not know.

That was the Bedford Blues Fest in a nutshell, We got 19th overall and this deal always alotta regional high rollers so all in all for our 1st comp this year, not to bad at all.

Last edited:
Don,

Thank you for the very informative post. I think your team did quite well overall and sounds like maybe had some fun at the same time. Nice that you got to meet Tuffy. I didn't know he had so much Texas history!

Paul -
I should clarify - Tuffy probably doesnt have alot of Texas history - They were discussing some times the the IBCA went into the East, like Virginia and such thats where he cooked with folks from Texas.

Back