34lb's of briskit

dave caston

TVWBB Fan
At 20:00 hrs put on 34 pounds of briskit for a friends picnic. have 2 trim briskets weighing 6 and 8 pounds and a 10 pound untrimed brisket. I have the 2 trim on the top grate and the other on the lower grate. got the wsm up to 250* at lid and plan on cooking for 15 hours and the finish in the oven if needed. this is what I get for letting other folks taste what i have done and want me to cater for them. next time i keep it to myself and just enjoy it. really i like doing it for others, it a passion that i enjoy and the NFL RAIDERS!

Check them much sooner than that, though, don't Q by time. Check for internal temp and feel. Maybe they'll take that long, maybe not, depending on the marbling of each. It's possible but check them earlier to be sure. Not good to have meat overcook when a quick check would have told you to pull sooner.

Have fun catering
icon_smile.gif
--

Pulled the two trim briskits off at 06:00 hrs. interm temp at 185 on both, foil and put appel juice in them. they were not over cooked at all, very moist. the 10#er is still going interm temp at 170, letting it saty on at least another hour and a half. I must say that the new kingsford is working great. got up to temp fast enough and held it heat all night. so far i give a thumb up for it.

Back