310-E Troubleshooting?

JBear

Hi There,
New guy here, and hoping one of you can share some insight. We have a Spirit 310-E and it's probably 6-8 years old. We replaced the burner tubes and the back rail a couple of weeks ago, as they'd rusted through. What is happening now is that the first and second burner light, but when I turn on the third burner...#2 goes out. The flames are on the orange side as well. Not sure what to change next. Does this sound like a regulator issue? I do smell some propane when the tank is on as well.
Thanks in advance all!

Hi There,
New guy here, and hoping one of you can share some insight. We have a Spirit 310-E and it's probably 6-8 years old. We replaced the burner tubes and the back rail a couple of weeks ago, as they'd rusted through. What is happening now is that the first and second burner light, but when I turn on the third burner...#2 goes out. The flames are on the orange side as well. Not sure what to change next. Does this sound like a regulator issue? I do smell some propane when the tank is on as well.
Thanks in advance all!
First off clean, clean and then clean again. Pull all the burners, brush them all clean. Make sure all the little ports are fully open. make sure spider guards are clean and not clogged with dust and lint. Buy an inexpensive gas detector (or use a spray bottle with soapy water) and look for leaks. Make sure igniter(s) are clean and working as well

Post some pics too.
I wonder if the tubes are jumbled, 123.
Shut gas off.
Post pics.
^follow LMichael's advice.
Check from burners to tank.

Appreciate the responses...I will check these things. Not home so...no pix right now.
Not sure if it is helpful info, but it's the middle rail that goes out when # three is turned on...not the burner itself.

Appreciate the responses...I will check these things. Not home so...no pix right now.
Not sure if it is helpful info, but it's the middle rail that goes out when # three is turned on...not the burner itself.
Hi, the middle rail sounds like the cross burner tube. On a front control Spirit the tube is thin and quite long.

The crossburner tube is supposed to carry the flame from the leftmost burner tube with the igniter to the other burner tubes for ignition.

In addition to the cleaning recommendations you can check to make sure the propane is flowing properly.

Turn off the grill
Turn off all the control knobs
Turn off the tank
Disconnect the tank
Reconnect the tank
Slowly open the tank valve
Wait about a minute until the manifold fills with propane.
Turn on the leftmost burner and ignite
Turn on the remaining burners once the first burner is fully ignited

Please keep us updated

Back