300 or 320 - Are the Extras Worth the $$$$$

G Savrnoch

TVWBB Super Fan
So I've sold my large Napoleon NG as most of my cooking these days is done on my Weber Performer. Having said that we still want a smaller propane unit for quick burgers/dogs/brats etc... Or if DW wants to grill something she has no interest in dealing with the charcoal Performer.....so we need something. About to pull the trigger on either a Q300 ($399 CAD) or a Q320 ($439 CAD). The only differences are the 320 comes with a small grill light (big deal I usually wear haed lamp after dark), a warming rack (looks quite small) and the electronic ignition vs. push/click type.

So to all of you 300 or 320 owners......what say you? If you have 300, why do you like or NOT like it. Same for 320 owners. Do 300 owners regret not getting the 320. Do 320 owners regret spending the extra $40 clams +/-?

Thanks

I own a Q300 that i bought new and a Q 320 that i picked up lightly used that came with all the Q 320 accessories. I dont cook at nite with a headlamp, I used a flashlight. I fell in love with the Q320 light so went ahead and bought one for my Q 300. The light cost me $25 from Amazon. As for the ignition system, I have great luck with either, both light the first time. As for the warming rack, I have yet to use it. The Q 320 came with a Weber griddle, but if you already have a griddle, that works just fine on top of the existing Q grates. I think for the price difference, i would lean toward the Q320, but whatever one you get, you can't go wrong. Some other purchases were a 3 piece set of GrillGrates, and a grill pan from Weber. I think you are going to get a gas grill that you will enjoy for a long time.

Well............I went to look at the 320 last night and it followed me home. Thanks Tom - another Weber in the stable :D.

619CE51B-8914-4FE5-BCCC-54CF4E9A8242-1570-0000011666EF254C_zpsfeedd09d.jpg

I have both and prefer the 320 over the 300. I am a big fan of the electronic start. The light can be added to a 300 at any time

I picked up 3-13 1/2" and that's all I use on my 22 1/2 and my Q 300 series. In looking at how they fit on the Q, if you wanted to just about cover the grill area, 4 would do it. When just cooking for wife and I, normally just use 2, if more people, then I would use all three. I have 2 Q 300 series grills, one at our cabin and one at our home, so someday when Brad at GrillGrates has another special, I am going to pick up another set. If you do decide to get a set, use the Amazon link on the VWBB home page and order thru there to help the VWBB page out.

I picked up 3-13 1/2" and that's all I use on my 22 1/2 and my Q 300 series. In looking at how they fit on the Q, if you wanted to just about cover the grill area, 4 would do it. When just cooking for wife and I, normally just use 2, if more people, then I would use all three. I have 2 Q 300 series grills, one at our cabin and one at our home, so someday when Brad at GrillGrates has another special, I am going to pick up another set. If you do decide to get a set, use the Amazon link on the VWBB home page and order thru there to help the VWBB page out.

Thanks for this. I think the dimension of the Q300 series grates are about 24.75" wide by 17.75 deep. Grillgrates makes grates that are 17.375" long so it would seem that I could fit at least two of those, with maybe two the smaller size on either side to allow for the tapering/rounding of the grates. Has anyone tried this?

The grate that comes on the "Q" series grill are fine just the way they are. Anything else is a waste on there

Second that, the GrillGrates are easy to clean in the sink if you need to, you can use them on both sides for grillmarks or flat side up for a sear and nice "crust". And you can move them from the Q to your charcoal grill with ease. I think they are a nice addition to most grills. Yes, the Q grates are well designed, but the GrillGrates add a little versatility.

Except for the fact that they rust and are hard to get clean.

Odd mine don't rust and they are EASY to clean. I see no more versatility either just more "stuff" blocking heat and so on. Frankly I have seen the GG product and I frankly can't see what is so great (no pun intended). If aluminum was so good for grilling trust me the mfgrs would use it.

GrillGrates sells three different sized kits designed for the Weber Kettle. The outside grates are radius cut in order to fit the round grills. The kit for the 18.5 kettle would fit nicely especially if you add an additional center panel giving you 21" of coverage.

well i was originally looking to get q320 but the 300 is $30 cheaper. i dont care about the grill light or electronic ignition or the warming rack on the 320. but, i already have a hose for 20lbs tank i use on a 120 (which i will return once i get a 300/320.

i read if i get the 300 i will need to get a regulator to use with a 20lbs tank? can i use my 20lbs tank adapter hose with the 300? not even sure what a regulator is.

this is the hose i have, i was hoping to use it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00025LR7S/?tag=TVWB-20

Last edited:
The Q 300 series comes with the hose and regulator already. I have both models and other than starting differences, I like them both equally. If you want to add the light later on you can. In the winter month when I cook with it, the light comes in handy. Whatever one you go for, you are going to be pleased with your choice. Good luck in your choice!!! I have yet to use the warming rack...

Back