3 for 1 Cook

Steve Petrone

TVWBB Platinum Member
Yesterday I bought two nice 8lb. butts. My wife opted for a whole chicken for dinner tonight. My initial plan was to spatchcock it and cook on the genisis.
After thinking about it, I opted to smoke the chicken with apple on the Wsm. Running low on time, I finished it on the gasser. Then I transitioned to a low and slow cook. One butt was rubbed with 4 Pepper rub for traditional Q. The second butt I prepped for ATK's Porchetta recipe. All the fresh herbs and garlic are awesome.

So it's a great day for the WSM: Chicken, Pork BBQ & Porchetta. Can't wait for breakfast.

Yesterday I bought two nice 8lb. butts. My wife opted for a whole chicken for dinner tonight. My initial plan was to spatchcock it and cook on the genisis.
After thinking about it, I opted to smoke the chicken with apple on the Wsm. Running low on time, I finished it on the gasser. Then I transitioned to a low and slow cook. One butt was rubbed with 4 Pepper rub for traditional Q. The second butt I prepped for ATK's Porchetta recipe. All the fresh herbs and garlic are awesome.

So it's a great day for the WSM: Chicken, Pork BBQ & Porchetta. Can't wait for breakfast.
Pics

Sorry I have not figured out the pic process....

It's done when it's done. Been in the 150s since 5am. Foiled both butts and added some fuel an hour or so ago and bumped the temp up to 275. The chicken last night was wonderfull-you forget the flavor that comes with smoke when using a gasser all the time. Can't wait to try the porchetta-it was beautiful when I wrapped it.

Back