26" performer

John Worthy

Good morning all.....I have an extra 26" bowl. I also have the resources to build a performer with it. So my question is......What would make the perfect performer?

The who prince stones

Nice table, storage, gas assist...., lid holder foot-operated, nice marble or granite top, or stainless table with added cutting boards. Anti buzzkill devices

for me - the advantages of the performer are the table, all of the space for hooks, a nice metal area my thermoworks smoke can magnet against, the storage area underneath, the charcoal bin and slideaway lid holder. and all of this on wheels, with rotating casters on the front that will lock. I love it.

in my opinion - cutting a notch for wires is a must on kettles - but I don't have a meater/wireless probe and don't plan to get one.

The only things on my performer wish list: cup holder hanging off of it and out of the work space. and a bottle opener.

I will say - I am currently running an OEM grate and those are designed to hang off the side of the kettle, which is something I did all the time. Now that I am using my performer, that is a bit more awkward for me than it used to be. But I will be switching away to an aftermarket grate soon - and that might have ended up being something I had to deal with anyway. I am leaning towards a shepherds hook for this one...

Back