2021 Genesis II E-315 Question

Pat

Hi everyone!

Finally got my first Weber grill and noticed something peculiar and I haven’t found the answer to what it might be.

On the back of the right side table (the one with the igrill) there are plastic fillers, upon removal I discovered two holes. What might these be used for? Does anyone else have these!

Thanks

Attachments

• 7EB5BFDC-291E-46E1-9986-DF3A946EF554.jpeg
    7EB5BFDC-291E-46E1-9986-DF3A946EF554.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 20
  • ADC6FAE6-8D55-4F11-AE12-D03CF350CF81.jpeg
    ADC6FAE6-8D55-4F11-AE12-D03CF350CF81.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 20
Yeah, that's very curious. Those holes are used elsewhere on the grill to make connections between parts, but in looking at the 2021 Weber Catalog I don't see another model that puts these two holes to use. They're not shown in the assembly guide, either. Maybe a mistake that got filled with plugs? Maybe a Euro/Asian feature that US grills don't have?

Right, I’ve combed all the materials I can find, even looked at replacement shelves and nothing.

The only thing is it’s an Ace exclusive color, so not sure if they had exclusive accessories but I can’t find anything.

Ok, after looking a little more it's shows them on Amazon's site.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 9.20.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 9.20.28 AM.png
    264.9 KB · Views: 6
To me it looks like the front side's "GENESIS II" name plate might fit in those holes, if they are the same size, shape, and distance from each other as in the front.

Great thought, I just checked mine and the genesis name is a sticker, no holes behind it.

I thought it might be a standard template thing as it's one the Genesis with the side burner an Summit models. But every time I see it the holes are plugged.

This is driving me crazy.

Seriously, though - I’d bet good money that this is a common stamping with units that have a side burner, and that the guts of the burner hang there.

I looked at the 360 degree spin view of the side burner model. Nothing that I can see is used in those holes and no holes in other shelf.

My S-345 has a box hanging inside from those holes, so it’s a common stamping thing. Look at it this way for non side burners…BONUS tool hangers.

I don’t remember if the box is for side burner or iGrill and didn‘t feel like crawling under to check.

My S-345 has a box hanging inside from those holes, so it’s a common stamping thing. Look at it this way for non side burners…BONUS tool hangers.

I don’t remember if the box is for side burner or iGrill and didn‘t feel like crawling under to check.

Holes still appear to be plugged.

Untitled-1.jpg

They probable put a little plastic vanity cover over the key slots, so they don’t have screw heads showing on the back of the grill.

Back