2020 Weber summit Flame issue

TKuhrt

I purchased a new in box summit 460 NG. That I conerted the LP. I replaced the entire manifold(that came with proper orifices). As well as proper regulator. It has been running perfect for a year. Now it is acting up. Starts out fine then the flames build and the knobs don’t seem to adjust the flame. I just tried a new regulator and same thing. What now?

Are you sure you're not getting grease fires? Your description seems like that of a grease fire

So I still haven't resolved this but need to revisit.
Recap: I purchashed a 2019-2020 (NEW in BOX) NG SUMMIT and replaced entire Manifold with LP manifold which should have proper orifices. A guy purchase this and never got around to opening box. I purchased at great discount price. Working on my outdoor kitchen.

Grill was working perfect for a summer but is now acting up. Flames look fine at first but slowly increase to until I can't adjust flame height to stay low.

I have completely cleaned everything so it is not grease flare up...
I replaced regulator with a summit regulator

Here is my set up. you can see the ortange flame in one picture.

Attachments

• IMG_6782-2.jpg
    IMG_6782-2.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6783-2.jpg
    IMG_6783-2.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6784-2.jpg
    IMG_6784-2.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6786-2.jpg
    IMG_6786-2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 15
From what I remember of a S470 rehab that I did this spring, I don't recall the steel clad extension being necessary for an LP connection. I would take that out of the equation and get a hose/regulator long enough to get to the connection in the back right corner of the grill. That would take that extension out of contention as a possible issue and would also replace the regulator which could have also gone bad. One other easy thing to try is a different LP tank.

And test it without food on the grill next time. Just light it and make sure the flames are what you expect and then let it run and see if they change without food on the grill.

From what I remember of a S470 rehab that I did this spring, I don't recall the steel clad extension being necessary for an LP connection. I would take that out of the equation and get a hose/regulator long enough to get to the connection in the back right corner of the grill. That would take that extension out of contention as a possible issue and would also replace the regulator which could have also gone bad. One other easy thing to try is a different LP tank.

And test it without food on the grill next time. Just light it and make sure the flames are what you expect and then let it run and see if they change without food on the grill.
I thought about that… removing the extension hose. Eventually I want to hook it direct to LP tank we have for house, but for moment I will test without. This is the third regulator I have tried. Its new so can’t be that.

You can check the Serial Number on the sticker inside the cabinet to ensure it’s definitely a LP grill. If it still acts up, you can probably get a new LP manifold under warranty.

You can check the Serial Number on the sticker inside the cabinet to ensure it’s definitely a LP grill. If it still acts up, you can probably get a new LP manifold under warranty.
He did admit to doing a convert by swapping the manifold for an LP assy new

I think he mentioned that it was working fine for quite a while though before it started acting up.

I thought about that… removing the extension hose. Eventually I want to hook it direct to LP tank we have for house, but for moment I will test without. This is the third regulator I have tried. Its new so can’t be that.
Why not then just return it to it's original state of LP? It won't solve your issue with the NG but you should have a functional grill.

Why not then just return it to it's original state of LP? It won't solve your issue with the NG but you should have a functional grill.
if I'm reading correctly what @TKuhrt wrote, the grill was originally NG, and he converted it to LP with a new manfold containing the correct valves for LP use.

As mentioned in original thread it is not a LP. I converted it to LP from NG by replacing entire manifold

I tried omitting the metal hose and just using the regulator hose but the male manifold connection is too big for hose. No go. What next?

Back