2012 sneak peek

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the bag, but still have to justify the need for it sonce you can just carry a gold model. I do plan on buying the pincer tongs. I can think of several uses for one.

what confuses me is that it seems it takes forever for weber to update their site. and yea, not much there that grabs me.

I want to know does the performer without the gas assist replace the platinum? I liked the idea of the lid opening to the rear, but when I played with one I had a hard time getting the lid back on. I can only imagine doing that over 500* coal

It the 2012 catalog it lists the Platinum, the Performer and the Performer with gas assist. The same old platinum and performer are still there. The performer with out the gas is the new thing I saw.

Brian

According to prices I've seen locally, the Performer w/o the gas assist is $279 while the Platinum is $249. Unless Weber lowers the price of the Platinum -- say to $199 or so -- I can't imagine why anyone would ever choose a Platinum over the Performer. If the prices don't change, my guess is the Platinum will be discontinued in the near future due to low sales.

That's my take on it too. I think this new performer without the gas assist will result in the Platinum being discontinued pretty soon unless they lower the price like you stated.

If you don't want the gas assist then why even bother with the Platinum when you can get the Performer without the gas assist for just $30 more?

Sales on the Platinum have not been very good so this may be another factor in their decision to offer the Performer without the gas assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back