2003 Weber Genesis Silver B round handle

Tom Russo

Hi there, I saved a 2003 Weber Genesis Silver B from the trash recently. Other than grates, I attached a propane tank and it fired right up. My question is concerning the handle. My handle is a piece of wood, with a diameter of 1.5”, probably not original. According to the serial number the handle should be rectangular. Here are some pictures. Weber is unable to find me a part number at all, and at this point I am going to simply go to Home Depot to get a wooden dowel and ciut it to size. Has anyone ever seen this type of handle. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7097.jpeg
    IMG_7097.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7096.jpeg
    IMG_7096.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7060.jpeg
    IMG_7060.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 15
You can fit the original handle by removing the handle extensions or whatever they're called from the end caps. I've got a brand new original handle for that grill if You're interested.Screenshot_20240807-203906~2.png

Yep, looks identical to the exact same 2 flip up table green head I gave daughter's boyfriend for his b/day last year

First thank you for the reply…but I’m confused….younare saying that I should be able to remove the part of the lid that the dowel handle goes through?
Yes, there is a bolt that holds the handle on each side. Look in the red circle that I put on your photo.

Back