2 Brisket Sunday

Jon in DFW

TVWBB Fan
If I'm going to fire up the 22 WSM, im going to be more useful of my fuel. Im taking on my first double Brisket today.

Dry brined for 12hours over night, then 16mesh black pepper, Cumin, garlic and onion powder this morning.

On the WSM at 225°, going with the water pan since I need to be away from it alot today and I need it told hold temp without me watching over it.20210725_082000.jpg20210725_082024.jpg20210725_082454.jpg

Andouli sausage disc, wrapped in half slice of thick cut bacon, 1 toothpick holding together like a shot glass. Then, small wedge of cream cheese, and 1/3 of a raw shrimp. Then season with old bay or Louisiana Cajun seasoning. Then stuff with a mix of mozzarella and cheddar shredded cheese. Then a dash of seasoning again.
Then I put them over the SNS for 3 min to harden the bacon/sausage. Then rotate to offset smoke for at least 20min but up to 40min until everything is bubbling inside and bacon cooked good

Apparently, I'm living vicariously thru your cook today! I can't tell whats in the middle of the bacon/under the cheese - what'd you do there?
I know the feeling, when I'm traveling for work I spend weeks watching others cooks, just waiting for the day like today to go all out

Back