1st WSM Cook

scott zanders

TVWBB Member
My WSM arrived last Friday. I had to work the weekend, so today is my first cook! :lol:
1 chicken. Full chimney lit charcoal, 1/2 chimney unlit and 4 small chunks hickory.

Foiled empty water pan.
411_PIC_0267_1.jpg

Full chimney lit charcoal
411_PIC_0268_2.jpg

411_PIC_0271_1.jpg

1/2 chimney unlit and 4 small chunks hickory
411_PIC_0272_1.jpg

Chicken
411_PIC_0273_1.jpg

Smoke!!
411_PIC_0274_1.jpg

More pics later :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's gonna get alot of use from now on!!
I'll definitely be adding some wheels and handles. Very happy. Thanks to this website my first cook was a true success. Thanks to all

411_PIC_0275_1.jpg

411_PIC_0277_1.jpg

Scott:
Chicken looks awesome. Is the therm setup a Maverick ET-73? I plan to purchase one soon. How did it work for you, pros and cons on the forum.
Thanks
Jerry P in Central AL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jerry Pollard:
Scott:
Chicken looks awesome. Is the therm setup a Maverick ET-73? I plan to purchase one soon. How did it work for you, pros and cons on the forum.
Thanks
Jerry P in Central AL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jerry,
I love the ET-73. No problems with distance. A true work horse. Worth every cent. I've got two of them.
I've got to get used to it hanging on the smoker, dropped it twice when checking the chicken. I'll probably make a shelf or use magnets like some other forum members.

Chicken looks great Scott and congrats on the new WSM. I always hang my ET-73 like that too, never got around to doing anything else since it works so well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chad M. Anders:
Chicken looks great Scott and congrats on the new WSM. I always hang my ET-73 like that too, never got around to doing anything else since it works so well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My ET-73 often falls off when I lift the top off
icon_frown.gif
Keeps me from opening the thing too often. When you are lookin', you ain't cookin!

Back