1st smoke

Mickey Mays

TVWBB Member
Just did my first smoke this past week-end. I did a turkey and it came out great. The only draw back was the marinade I injected into it. I picked it up at Lowe's and it was not good at all, my wife and I both hated it. So much for that from now on I will make my own. I also did a rack of ribs. My wife loved them and so did I. I started off at 9:00 and did the turkey and it was done by 1 pm I then did the ribs. I smoked them until 7:30 pm, not quite done but I cheated and put them in foil and into the oven. This is an addiction, I probably will need an intervention. Going to give it a whirl again this week-end. Try some meatloaf. Thanks for all the information that you fellow "Q"ers provide. It was great!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mickey Mays:
I probably will need an intervention. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you probably will.
Try a butt after that meatloaf!

Good show, Mickey.

Well Mickey
I'm still waiting for my Cajun Injector to arrive via post,
but last night my wife complained about the quality of the chicken in a store bought ready-meal. It was pumped full of something that was not real pleasing in terms of texture. I must make sure that whatever I end up injecting into a bird does not have that effect, or else that toy will be all over in my wife's mind.
About the addiction: some people sit around and play PlayStation all the time, other people have lotsa hobbies. I think I was pretty obsessive at first because I really enjoy using this toy. However, I must make an effort now that summer is approaching not to over do it.

morgan

Hey Mickey,

I have been brining my big birds instead of injecting when I smoke them. Works out great. Got the recipes from this site, as most everything I do on my WSM.

Sounds like you are ready for the all nighter with brisket on the bottom rack and two pork butts on the top!

Sj

I'm sorry, I went completely insane toward the end of that last post. I'm gonna fire that sucker up on every available, sunny weekend ... HA!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Morgan Sziraki:
I'm sorry, I went completely insane toward the end of that last post. I'm gonna fire that sucker up on every available, sunny weekend ... HA! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was wondering if you were going to see the error of your ways...
icon_smile.gif

Back