1st cook a success

Jake Jacobson

Well my first cook with WSM was a huge success, even got a good nites sleep. This weekend is ribs and chicken wings, ought to be a hoot. Love the WSM, pretty easy cooking, feel a little guilty because of the good nites sleep tho! Don't get that with a stick burner.

Congratulations! So what was the first cook? Not sure if you have plans for the chicken wings yet but I tried out stogie's recipe last weekend for hot wings, really really good stuff. Here it is if your interested.
Hot Wings

3 - 4 pound(s) Chicken wings

COATING
1 tablespoon Chili powder
1 tablespoon Cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon White pepper
1 tablespoon Black pepper
1 tablespoon Cumin
1 tablespoon Salt
1 tablespoon Garlic powder
SAUCE
1 cup Red hot sauce
1 Stick Butter
1/2 tablespoon Cayenne pepper
1/2 tablespoon Garlic powder

Also here is a link to his post and a bunch of other chicken wing recipes. Not that you were asking but what the heck!

http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4880069052/m...180093152#6180093152

Clark

Awesome! And you're right about the stick burner...
icon_smile.gif

Congrats Jake!

...although I'm not an expert, I am on my 3rd year with my WSM and have become pretty comfortable with the whole process...mainly thanks to the resources and people on this site.

However, those overnight cooks always make me neurotic! The girlfriend just has to laugh at me....but doesn't complain because she knows what's coming the next day!!
icon_smile.gif

Keep it up...and keep us posted on your progress.

Glad that your first cook was so successful.
I needed a mulligan.
Put too much salt on the ribs. Then to make matters worse, I found out too late that I used Kosher salt. I ate my share anyway. Didn't want to insult myself.
The 2nd shot was much better. At least wife and I both ate those
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back