1st chicken cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Prince

TVWBB Fan
will be cooking 6 boneless/skinless breast, along with 1 hilshire farm sausage.

plan is to marinate 3 breasts in Wishbone Robusto Italian dressing for 4-5 hours in the fridge.

will brine the other 3 in the basic brine from this site, and sprinkle with lemmon pepper seasoning before going on.

the sausage, I'm just going to throw it on and see what happens.

am planning to use the traditional method with 2 weber chimneys and a foiled, dry pan.

does 2 hour cook time sound about right? and any advice you guys can give me will be appreciated as always (plan to eat in about 6-7 hours)

oops forgot, am planning to brine 3 breasts for 1 hour before cooking (weight is 1.8lbs total for the three)..does this sound about right? thanks again

David

Your plan sounds about right to me. I believe Chris has an article on chicken breast in the cooking section which you could check.

Hope you'll report your results. I use the wish-bone a lot and think it works great. Often I cook butterflied halves and leave them in the wish-bone overnight. I'll be interested in whether you see an appreciable difference in the ones you brine. Sam's has a good price on the large bottles of wish-bone.

PRG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back