1st Brisket

Mike Saunders

TVWBB Member
Well, here it is 1:03 and my first brisket is "in the bullet". Came in from mthe new years service at church and fired off the bullet.I have always let the wife cook the briskets in the oven, as she does a wonderful job. But this time after all the great turkey I have cooked since buying the WSM, she wants the brisket done in it.

Its about a 7 pounder. Bought at Winn Dixie. Nice fat cap which was placed down.

Rubbed with Montreal steak seasoning, black pepper, and garlic powder.

Minion method (1st time doing that)

Hickory wood.

Slowly came up to 220 and is hanging there with top wide open and bottoms all at about 30%.

Cant wait to eat this puppy.........

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sounds great Mike, can't wait to hear how it turns out.

But a word of caution, Montreal steak seasoning does have a fair amount of black pepper in it already.

Rath *big fan of fat cap down*

Mike, it is just a flat no?? Good luck, I'm sure your wife will be letting you cook brisket in the WSM from no on as well!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Mike, I'm a big fan of Winn Dixie meat, have bought several briskets there. I was on there once and picked up a certified angus beef! It was the best i ever have cooked! They are usually higher than sams on the choice, but tend to have thicker ends. Let us know how it turns out.

One word - Awesome!

I guess that I must have put just the right ammount of black pepper, cause the combination of that and the Montreal was very good.

I pulled it out from the WSM at 8 this morning and put it in a 225 oven in a pan and covered with foil.

It is falling off the bone - if there was a bone - and very juicy.

I think the wife will want it this way from now on.

Thanks guys...

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Back