1st Brisket Tonight

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm going to attempt a 10lb brisket tonight using the midnight cook with minion method. The question I have is regarding wrapping in foil once complete. What is the purpose of this and for how long should I leave it wrapped in foil in an ice chest?
Thanks and wish me luck!

I let it rest and come down in temp a bit for two hours. I can't wait any longer than that.

If you have extra rack space, consider a pork butt or two with the cook. It should all finish the same time.

By letting it rest, the moisture will go back into the center. I notice the meat seem more moist if I let it rest for an hour or two. This could just be an illusion but it's a noticable difference to me. It also makes the meat easier to handle if it's not 190 degrees.

Jim
It's is just good food science to let it rest. A the piece of meat should rest 10 minutes to a couple hours depending on the thickness of the meat. During this period the meat is still cooking on the residual heat that was stored in it.

That is one of the reasons you want pull meat off the cooker before the target temp is reached. A big piece like brisket or butt the internal temp will continue climb another 10?.
Jim

Jim,

I just bought a 4.70 lb (flat only) for my first attempt at brisket. What is your taget temp for brisket? Per your 10 degree rule - if your target temp is 188 do you pull it at 178?

Thanks,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back